The Best Brain Supplements You Can Buy
Edited and medically reviewed by ✔️ Team of BestInSupplements | Written by Katelyn Johnson (B.S. and M.S. in Nutrition Science)
Our comprehensive guide of the best brain supplements will lead you to the best brain supplements you can buy on the market. We cover top-rated products to bring you detailed information about their uses, ingredients, reviews, and more.
Brain and memory health supplements, or nootropics, have increasingly become one of the most popular health supplement categories. Nootropics are a type of supplement that aims to improve memory, focus, mental energy, and problem-solving abilities 1.
Nootropics are in high demand not only among America's 73 million baby boomers, but they are also popular among college students, career-minded individuals, and professionals, even busy mothers 2.
Increase your motivation: The Best Dopamine Supplements You Can Buy
Hundreds of nootropic supplements have flooded the market as a result of their increasing popularity. While all of these supplements claim to provide benefits, the reality is that with so many options, it appears that many people are unsure of what to look for in a good brain and memory supplement.
Let’s solve some of the most common questions at the same time we take a look at the best brain supplements you can find on the market right now.
What Are Nootropics And How Do They Work?
Natural nootropics are supplements combined with natural or synthetic vitamins, amino acids, minerals, fatty acids, antioxidants, and other herbal ingredients to enhance cognitive performance 3.
People with cognitive impairment were found to be deficient in essential vitamins and nutrients that protect against cognitive decline, according to studies 4. Some of these nutrients play an important role in cellular activity, which is required for optimal cognitive function 5.
Chronic stress has been shown in studies to hasten cognitive decline and impair memory function 6,7. Adaptogens are ingredients found in some nootropics that help your body cope with stress and, as a result, improve cognitive function 8.
A quality nootropic supplement can:
- Fight Cognitive Decline 6.
- Reduce Stress 7.
- Boost Mental Energy 9.
- Improve Memory 9.
- Promote Focus and Alertness 10.
- Enhance Creativity 11.
- Support Verbal Recall 12.
- Enhance Learning 13.
- Support Analytical Thinking 13.
The Best Brain Supplements You Can Find In The Market
The following is a list of the best brain supplements available, all of which contain key ingredients that have been shown in research studies to improve cognitive health. Take your time in order to ready the entire list, and choose the one that best fits your needs.
Stonehenge Health Dynamic Brain
Stonehenge Health's Dynamic Brains formula includes three essential brain health ingredients: Phosphatidylserine, Bacopa Monnieri, and Huperzine A, as well as a potent dose of 40 different vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
The nutrient Choline is also included in Dynamic Brain. Choline is required for the production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is important for memory. This formula also included a strong Vitamin B complex as well as a wide range of other essential vitamins and nutrients that have been shown in studies to help prevent cognitive decline 4.
Another source of vitamin B: The Best Vitamin B12 Supplements You Can Buy
Stonehenge Health's formula is non-GMO and free of synthetic fillers and artificial ingredients. Stonehenge Health offers a 90-day money-back guarantee with no questions asked and is one of the few brands endorsed by a board-certified doctor.
Mind LAB PRO
If you want your brain to work at peak efficiency and deliver the best results, Mind Lab Pro delivers the brain what it needs. Mind LAB PRO is a natural nootropic supplement that improves cognitive function without causing side effects and is available in easy-to-swallow plant-based capsules.
Opti-Nutra Limited's Mind Lab Pro is the world's first universal nootropic dietary supplement formula. Their formula contains effective ingredients that work within the bio-pathways to enhance a variety of the brain's cognitive functions for long-term wellness.
People of all ages with active lifestyles benefit from universal nootropic consumption in terms of routine functions, memory retention, and attention span. It also helps with creative processes, mental clarity, stress reduction, anxiety reduction, and motivation. It contains a variety of highly bioavailable potent nutrients that nourish and protect your brain while improving mental activity.
Performance Lab Mind
Look to Performance Lab Mind if you're searching for a cutting-edge nootropic for brain health, burnout resistance, and mental acuity. This supplement supports memory, speed, focus, and motivation while increasing brain energy.
This incredible brain supplement not only improves your cognition but also aids in the recovery of intense cognitive activity. When you're stressed out and need something to help you relax and focus, Performance Lab Mind can help. You can increase your brainpower by taking 1-2 capsules per day with a source of dietary fat, such as milk, or you can take Performance Lab MCT oil instead. Use the brain supplement on a regular basis to see better results.
The supplement incorporates multi-tasking nootropic components that support peak performance even during periods of intense stress. The plant-based capsules are easy to swallow and contain prebiotics naturally, which improves nutrient absorption and digestion.
Future Kind’s Super Vegan Stress Supplement
Due to the hustle and bustle of modern life, one can easily become exhausted. Work routines that are tedious and time-consuming take a toll on the brain at times. Anxiety and depression are common side effects of high-stress levels, and they can make it difficult for people to function normally. Future Kind's Super Vegan Stress Supplement has the solution to all of these issues.
They've created a premium blend of those three herbs that have been clinically proven to aid in relaxation and calmness. The addition of lemon balm to the fusion of Ashwagandha and lemon balm is sure to get you out of that anxiety spiral and reinforce a relaxed and nourished mind.
Performance Lab Stim
Performance Lab Stim should be your go-to nootropic supplement if you want to provide your brain with advanced stimulation. Caffeine stimulants and supplements typically cause long-term fatigue and short-term jitters. They also contain flavors, artificial colors, and preservatives.
That is not the case with Performance Lab Stim. This resourceful and healthy brain supplement has been fine-tuned to effectively provide energy levels that optimize productivity.
This supplement balances caffeine energy with creativity, relaxation, and clarity by raising Alpha brainwaves to enhance athletic, nootropic, and thermogenic performance.
Each capsule contains 50 mg of caffeine, 250 milligrams of L-tyrosine, and 100 milligrams of L-theanine, as well as several vitamins, including B6, B2, B12, and B9. These ingredients help to prevent the nervous system from being overstimulated by caffeine while elevating mood and focus. You can take up to 5 capsules per day and still get that calm, controlled caffeine buzz, which are included in the capsules.
Focus Factor is made with clinically tested neuro-nutrients that are proven to increase focus, memory, and concentration.
This nootropic is formulated by a reputable manufacturer with a successful 15+ year history with Clinical trials and studies yielding very promising results showing significant improvements in cognitive functions.
Focus Factor has FDA and GMP certifications, which guarantee this product is made with only the best ingredients, and free of artificial sweeteners, colors, fillers, or preservatives. Vitamin D, DMAE, Bacopa, and DHA are the active ingredients in this supplement.
Vital Vitamins Brain Booster
Brain Booster from Vital Vitamins decreases mental fatigue and combats the effects of mental fog. This natural nootropic supplement is packed with potent ingredients, such as Ginkgo Biloba, that deliver outstanding benefits. Not only does concentration improve, but mood and logical reasoning improve as well. The DMAE in this brain supplement supports mental clarity, improves cognitive abilities and memory, and maintains healthy elevated energy levels.
This product is gluten-free and non-GMO, and free of harmful ingredients and hormones. You can be confident that they are providing you with a high-quality Brain Health supplement because they have FDA and GMP certifications.
The Genius Brand: Genius Consciousness
You should try Genius Consciousness if you want to clear your mind of brain fog. Clinical trials have shown that the product produces excellent and remarkable results.
There are no preservatives in this product because it is made with natural ingredients. The Diamine and natural caffeine in the supplement fire up your neurons, putting you in an excellent mood.
Discover the world of superfood supplements: The Best Superfood Powder You Can Buy
Within 15 minutes, diamine improves your mood, focus, and energy. Even if you lack motivation, this powerful nootropic will improve focus and concentration. Also, Alpha-GPC aids in the reduction of anxiety and stress.
Adult memory recall has been clinically proven to benefit from Natrol Cognium Tablets. The active ingredient in this product, Cognium, is a protein found in silkworm threads that has been clinically proven to produce outstanding results in terms of improved cognitive abilities.
The product is natural and safe, and contains no hormones or stimulants. You will notice the benefits of taking this supplement in less than four weeks. It increases the flow of blood and glucose to the brain, thereby energizing it. It's also an antioxidant that protects the brain from oxidative stress.
Memory Health is a clinically proven supplement that helps to support and improve memory in both healthy and diseased brains. The best part about this supplement is that it accomplishes this with a natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant formula that has no negative side effects.
Memory Health contains plant-based carotenoids that help you think more clearly. Omega-3 fish oil ensures that you are less anxious, depressed, and that your mood improves overall. The product's clinical results were published in the Scientific Journal of Alzheimer's Disease.
Omega-3, Vitamin E, and Carotenoids are among the active ingredients. This nootropic is not tested on animals and meets pharma grade standards in the United States. It is also free of GMOs, gluten, sulfate, and parabens.
- Suliman, N. A., Mat Taib, C. N., Mohd Moklas, M. A., Adenan, M. I., Hidayat Baharuldin, M. T., & Basir, R. (2016). Establishing natural nootropics: recent molecular enhancement influenced by natural nootropic. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine, 2016.
- Bureau, U.S. 2020. “By 2030, All Baby Boomers Will Be Age 65 Or Older”. The United States Census Bureau. https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2019/12/by-2030-all-baby-boomers-will-be-age-65-or-older.html.
- Kulkarni, R., Girish, K. J., & Kumar, A. (2012). Nootropic herbs (Medhya Rasayana) in Ayurveda: an update. Pharmacognosy reviews, 6(12), 147.
- Del Parigi, A., Panza, F., Capurso, C., & Solfrizzi, V. (2006). Nutritional factors, cognitive decline, and dementia. Brain Research Bulletin, 69(1), 1-19.
- Uauy, R., & Dangour, A. D. (2006). Nutrition in brain development and aging: role of essential fatty acids. Nutrition reviews, 64(suppl_2), S24-S33.
- Peavy, G. M., Jacobson, M. W., Salmon, D. P., Gamst, A. C., Patterson, T. L., Goldman, S., ... & Galasko, D. (2012). The influence of chronic stress on dementia-related diagnostic change in older adults. Alzheimer disease and associated disorders, 26(3), 260.
- Woo, H., Hong, C. J., Jung, S., Choe, S., & Yu, S. W. (2018). Chronic restraint stress induces hippocampal memory deficits by impairing insulin signaling. Molecular brain, 11(1), 1-13.
- Ajala, T. O. (2017). The Effects of Adaptogens on the Physical and Psychological Symptoms of Chronic Stress. DISCOVERY: Georgia State Honors College Undergraduate Research Journal, 4(1), 2.
- 2020. Ujconline.Net. http://ujconline.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/3-UJEAS-1314-Rv.pdf.
- McGlade, Erin, Allison Locatelli, Julia Hardy, Toshikazu Kamiya, Masahiko Morita, Koji Morishita, Yoichiro Sugimura, and Deborah Yurgelun-Todd. 2012. “Improved Attentional Performance Following Administration In Healthy Adult Women”. Food And Nutrition Sciences 03 (06): 769-773. Scientific Research Publishing, Inc,. doi:10.4236/fns.2012.36103.
- Beaty, Roger E., Yoed N. Kenett, Alexander P. Christensen, Monica D. Rosenberg, Mathias Benedek, Qunlin Chen, and Andreas Fink et al. 2018. “Robust Prediction Of Individual Creative Ability From Brain Functional Connectivity”. Proceedings Of The National Academy Of Sciences 115 (5): 1087-1092. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. doi:10.1073/pnas.1713532115.
- Kato-Kataoka, Akito, Masashi Sakai, Rika Ebina, Chiaki Nonaka, Tsuguyoshi Asano, and Takashi Miyamori. 2010. “Soybean-Derived Phosphatidylserine Improves Memory Function Of The Elderly Japanese Subjects With Memory Complaints”. Journal Of Clinical Biochemistry And Nutrition 47 (3): 246-255. The Society for Free Radical Research Japan. doi:10.3164/jcbn.10-62.
- Peth-Nui, Tatimah, Jintanaporn Wattanathorn, Supaporn Muchimapura, Terdthai Tong-Un, Nawanant Piyavhatkul, Poonsri Rangseekajee, Kornkanok Ingkaninan, and Sakchai Vittaya-areekul. 2012. “Effects Of 12-Weekbacopa Monniericonsumption On Attention, Cognitive Processing, Working Memory, And Functions Of Both Cholinergic And Monoaminergic Systems In Healthy Elderly Volunteers”. Evidence-Based Complementary And Alternative Medicine 2012: 1-10. Hindawi Limited. doi:10.1155/2012/606424.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.