Energybits Spirulina Algae Tabs Reviews, Ingredients, Does It Work?
Edited and medically reviewed by ✔️ Team of BestInSupplements | Written by Katelyn Johnson (B.S. and M.S. in Nutrition Science)
Before you buy Energybits Spirulina Algae Tabs, read this in-depth review for answers to your questions about the supplement's ingredients, safety, effectiveness, and everything else you need to know about Spirulina Algae Tabs from Energybits.
Spirulina is an organic, nutrient-rich “algae” with a number of health-promoting properties 1. Spirulina is considered a superfood owing to its high nutritional content and health advantages. Not only does spirulina contain high levels of protein and micronutrients, spirulina possesses antioxidant and anti-inflammatory characteristics, as well as the capacity to assist regulate the immune system 2, 3.
EnergyBits Spirulina Algae Tabs is one of the most concentrated nutrient sources available. Spirulina algae is a complete plant-based protein, which means it includes all 9 essential amino acids. It also includes all of the B vitamins, as well as several minerals (nearly 40 total vitamins and minerals) 2.
This review is part of: The Best Anti-Aging Supplements You Can Buy
EnergyBits Spirulina Algae is a very pure product - free of lead, fillers, additives, or other contaminants. The algae used in the EnergyBits Spirulina Algae Tabs is non-GMO, organic (according to Japanese regulations), and farmed in Taiwan. Taiwan is well-known for generating high-quality algae using their advanced air dry processing techniques - air drying ensures no natural compounds are damaged.
This supplement is safe to consume during breastfeeding, after surgery, or whenever the immune system needs a boost. EnergyBits spirulina Algae Tabs are intended to be ingested, so you will not be able to taste the “green”. Because of its high protein and iron content, it is recommended to vegans and vegetarians 3.
Here You Will Discover More About:
Benefits Of Energybits Spirulina Algae Tabs
Spirulina has a number of beneficial health properties, including:
It Is The World's Most Nutrient-Dense Food
Because of the high concentration of protein and micronutrients in spirulina, it has been dubbed the "most nutrient dense food on the planet" 2.
When compared to other foods, it lives up to this reputation and is a good source of:
- Protein: It is recognized as a complete source of high-quality protein. The protein in spirulina is highly bioavailable with a 50-60% net protein utilization rate 4.
- Vitamin B1: Also known as Thiamin, is required for fat and protein digestion; taken for increased energy, eye health, brain function, and nerve function 5.
- Iron: The spirulina plant is one of the highest known sources of iron, making it a dietary staple for vegetarians and vegans 6.
- Calcium and Vitamin K2: Calcium is essential for strong and healthy bones, and vitamin K2 transports calcium into bones and teeth, ensuring that calcium sources are absorbed. Without Vitamin K2, calcium is absorbed everywhere except your bones. Together, these nutrients support a strong and healthy skeletal structure 6.
It is also an excellent source of B-2 (riboflavin), B-3 (nicotinamide), B-6 (pyridoxine), B-9 (folic acid), vitamins D, A and E, as well as copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, sodium and zinc.
But not everything you may know about spirulina are advantages. Despite popular belief, spirulina is not a good source of Vitamin B12. Spirulina contains pseudovitamin B12; a pseudovitamin is a compound that is not a vitamin but has a chemical structure that is similar to a specific vitamin. Pseudovitamin B12 is neither absorbable nor useful in humans 4.
Maybe you came here looking for this: The Best B12 Supplements You Can Buy
Contains Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) & Omega-3s
Spirulina contains the essential fatty acid gamma linolenic acid (GLA). GLA has received a lot of attention for its anti-inflammatory properties, especially when combined with other high-quality Omega-3 supplements 7.
GLA is difficult to find in food and is usually produced by the body. Spirulina is one of the few foods that naturally contains GLA. Spirulina, in addition to GLA, includes Omega 3-, 6-, and 9s, with an emphasis on Omega-3s 7.
Can Aid In Blood Sugar Control
Research claims spirulina can be particularly beneficial in balancing blood sugar and may even be as effective as diabetes medication in some cases. According to other studies, it not only decreases blood sugar but can also lower HbA1c, a long-term predictor of blood sugar levels 8.
Potent Source Of Antioxidants
Antioxidants are potent substances that shield our cells from damage. Many of us now realize the value of getting enough antioxidants from natural sources, and spirulina is a great source.
The antioxidant that distinguishes spirulina is phycocyanin, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory.
An independent laboratory tested this spirulina and discovered that it has an ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) of over 24,000, which is 4x the ORAC score of blueberries. The ORAC score is commonly used to assess antioxidant potential and concentration in various foods 9.
Allergy Sufferers Could Benefit
There has been research that suggests spirulina may be beneficial to people who suffer from allergies and allergic reactions 10.
This is most likely due to the fact that it reduces inflammation, which causes nasal irritation and other problems. Spirulina users reported less nasal congestion, scratching, and sneezing in studies.
Assists In The Removal Of Heavy Metals
Spirulina can bind to heavy metals in the body and aid in their removal 11.
It is also exceptionally high in chlorophyll, which aids in the removal of toxins from the blood and strengthens the immune system. In fact, one study discovered that 500 milligrams of spirulina daily, combined with zinc supplementation, was enough to cut arsenic toxicity in half.
According to growing evidence, it binds to radioactive isotopes and may be useful for radioactivity exposure or radiation therapy 11.
Advantages For Muscle And Endurance
Spirulina has been shown to improve fat burning during exercise. Because of its high antioxidant content, it is useful in minimizing exercise-induced oxidation, which causes muscle weakness and the inability to gain muscle. Studies have shown that it improves stamina and reduces muscle damage caused by exercise 12.
Why ENERGYbits Is The 1 Recommended Source Of Spirulina
With just one ingredient, spirulina algae ranks first on all superfood lists. ENERGYbits Spirulina Algae Tabs provide a bioavailable protein source that promotes healthy regeneration and strengthening of muscles. With a nutritional pedigree as remarkable as spirulina, the World Bank, NASA, and Olympic athletes have all proclaimed it to be the most nutritious food on the planet 13.
Why Is This So?
Spirulina is a dietary powerhouse. ENERGYbits Spirulina Algae Tabs satisfy cravings, appetite, and provide a constant stream of mental and physical energy during the day and night. It naturally and easily increases your energy like an energy drink, energy bar, or coffee, but without the drawbacks of additives, caffeine, calories, gluten, or sugar.
There is no denser source of nutrition per gram than spirulina algae. Several International Health Organizations, including the United Nations and NASA have endorsed the health benefits of ENERGYbits spirulina. NASA research found that 1 kg of spirulina is equivalent to the nutritional value of 1000 kg of fruits and vegetables 13.
Are Energybits Spirulina Algae Tabs Safe To Use?
Side effects of consuming blue-green algae may arise if the spirulina algae is contaminated. According to WebMD, the negative effects include liver damage, stomach discomfort, nausea, vomiting, weakness, thirst, fast heartbeat, shock, and even death. Because of this danger, some people avoid spirulina entirely and instead consume chlorella, another form of algae that has health advantages.
Nonetheless, many people take spirulina since it is harmless if grown properly. The organic spirulina in ENERGYbits is cultivated in fresh water tanks in Taiwan, and the tablets are tested in an FDA-approved facility, according to the business.
Energybits Spirulina Algae Tabs Reviews
ENERGYbits Spirulina Algae Tabs supplements are high in protein, all natural, 100% gluten free, non-GMO verified, organic, and vegan. Spirulina Algae is a superfood supplement that provides a consistent stream of all natural energy - without sugar, caffeine, or additives - you can run on for hours without tiring.
Even better, ENERGYbits is the only protein source that contains natural antioxidants and Omega 3 to minimize muscle inflammation, iron to prevent exhaustion, chlorophyll to develop the immune system, and electrolytes to replace mineral imbalances, all for one calorie per tab 13.
Energybits reviews are overall really good. They have largely favorable feedback on Facebook. Even on the internet, the majority of reviews are good, with buyer comments claiming that it boosts energy after exercise and reduces appetite. The general agreement seems to be that Energybits are a helpful supplement taken in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle and should not be seen as a miracle cure.
Energybits Spirulina Algae Tabs is an intriguing supplement with a lot of impressive claims. They appear to function effectively for a number of consumers, based on the positive reviews.
Where To Buy Energybits Spirulina Algae Tabs
A bag of 1,000 ENERGYbits Purest Spirulina Algae Tablets costs around $120 on Amazon and the company's website. If you don't want to commit to a month's supply of 1,000 pills, there is also the option to buy a pack of two doses for around $8 on Amazon.
Although there are less expensive algae supplements available, for those who trust the ENERGYbits brand, the expense is justified because the risk of contamination is too great otherwise.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Furmaniak, M. A., Misztak, A. E., Franczuk, M. D., Wilmotte, A., Waleron, M., & Waleron, K. F. (2017). Edible cyanobacterial genus Arthrospira: Actual state of the art in cultivation methods, genetics, and application in medicine. Frontiers in microbiology, 8, 2541.
- Meyer, M. E. (2016). SPIRULINA Survival Food for a New Era: Amazing Healing Success with the Blue-green Algae-Delicious Recipes with the Primal Nourishment. BoD–Books on Demand.
- Sathasivam, R., Radhakrishnan, R., Hashem, A., & Abd_Allah, E. F. (2019). Microalgae metabolites: A rich source for food and medicine. Saudi journal of biological sciences, 26(4), 709-722.
- FATIMA, A., & SRIVASTAVA, S. Role of essential amino acids in human body and its presence in spirulina.
- Barkia, I., Saari, N., & Manning, S. R. (2019). Microalgae for high-value products towards human health and nutrition. Marine drugs, 17(5), 304.
- Wang, A., Yan, K., Chu, D., Nazer, M., Lin, N. T., Samaranayake, E., & Chang, J. (2020). Microalgae as a Mainstream Food Ingredient: Demand and Supply Perspective. In Microalgae Biotechnology for Food, Health and High Value Products (pp. 29-79). Springer, Singapore.
- Katiyar, R., & Arora, A. (2020). Health promoting functional lipids from microalgae pool: A review. Algal Research, 46, 101800.
- Nicoletti, M. (2016). Microalgae nutraceuticals. Foods, 5(3), 54.
- Bulgaru, V., POPESCU, L., & BULAT, I. (2019). Gelato quality characteristics manufactured from natural ingredients.
- Ravi, M., De, S. L., Azharuddin, S., & Paul, S. F. (2010). The beneficial effects of Spirulina focusing on its immunomodulatory and antioxidant properties. Nutrition and Dietary Supplements, 2, 73-83.
- Singh, S., Kate, B. N., & Banerjee, U. C. (2005). Bioactive compounds from cyanobacteria and microalgae: an overview. Critical reviews in biotechnology, 25(3), 73-95.
- Lu, H. K., Hsieh, C. C., Hsu, J. J., Yang, Y. K., & Chou, H. N. (2006). Preventive effects of Spirulina platensis on skeletal muscle damage under exercise-induced oxidative stress. European journal of applied physiology, 98(2), 220-226.
- Mohan, A., Misra, N., Srivastav, D., Umapathy, D., & Kumar, S. (2014). Spirulina, the nature’s wonder: A review. Lipids, 5, 7-10.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.