The Best Prostate Supplements You Can Buy
Edited and medically reviewed by ✔️ Team of BestInSupplements | Written by Katelyn Johnson (B.S. and M.S. in Nutrition Science)
Prostate supplements are here to support optimal prostate health and help to lower the symptoms commonly associated with prostate-related health conditions. Find here the best ones you can buy.
As men age, prostate complications become more prevalent. Prostate cancer is the number one cause of cancer-related deaths among the male population 1.
An enlarged prostate, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), is a common disorder that causes bladder pain, reduces urine flow, and increases the risk of the urinary tract and kidney problems 2.
Aging can be hard: The Best Anti-Aging Supplements You Can Buy
BPH accelerates the production of a protein produced by the prostate gland known as prostate-specific antigen (PSA). This protein suggests, and is often indicative of, urinary health conditions and prostate cancer 3.
Best Prostate Supplements You Will Find In The Market
Many remedies on the market promise to boost prostate health and treat symptoms of a dysfunctional prostate gland, with some clearly working more than others. The following list contains the best prostate supplements you can buy.
Prostate Support By Nuzena
Nuzena's Prostate Support is a well-known brand that is an ideal choice for those who have prostate complications and are looking for a supplement to effectively treat and prevent the condition.
A major selling point of Nunzena Prostate Support is their formula. The company utilizes all natural ingredients to formulate their supplement. And these ingredients contain essential nutrients to support a healthy functioning prostate.
Some of the formula's main ingredients are herbal extracts and other components such as Saw Palmetto extract, Cat’s Claw, Juniper berries, Zinc, and amino acids 4.
These beneficial nutrients are known for their anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties, which helps to maintain a healthy prostate by reducing inflammation and keeping it at bay.
Because prostate cancer is such a serious, life-threatening issue, prostate supplements should be extremely powerful and effective. Doctor-formulated ProstateMD is one of the most effective and highly rated prostate health support supplements.
Due to its inclusion of USPlus, which is a proprietary blend that contains high concentrations of both saw palmetto and beta-sitosterol, ProstateMD is an excellent prostate health supplement option 5.
Are you suffering from leaky gut?: The Best Leaky Gut Supplements You Can Buy
Additionally, ProstateMD’s formula includes a botanical extract named Pygeum. This extract has also been shown in studies to possess beneficial properties with capabilities to effectively treat BPH in men 6.
What makes a high-quality prostate health supplement a top contender is the form and concentration of plant sterols utilized in the formula 7.
ProstaGenix is claimed to significantly outperform other prostate health supplements with their potent concentration of beta-sitosterol (approximately 825 my) which has been recognized as one of the best ingredients to promote and maintain prostate health.
Beta-Sitosterol reduces the amount of cholesterol allowed to enter the body, which inhibits its ability to bind to the prostate. This action effectively reduces inflammation and relieves painful symptoms experienced from an enlarged (inflamed) prostate 8.
Prostarex (with BETA-SCI + BioPerine)
Prostarex is an all-natural prostate supplement supported by Beta-Sci and BioPerine. Beta-Sci is a patented phytosterol formulation that offers a significant amount of plant sterols, in addition to BioPrene which enhances the bioavailability of the compounds in the formula.
Prostarex further supports prostate health with the addition of Muira Puama, Saw Palmetto, and three forms of beneficial amino acids. These compounds are shown to balance hormones, improve sexual function, and effectively alleviates discomfort associated with an enlarged prostate 9.
Currently, no other prostate health support supplement available to purchase on the market offers a formula as advanced as this one. Prostarex is manufactured in a GMP certified lab facility, and is third-party tested and verified for quality and safety assurance.
Prostarex’s formula contains pure and organic ingredients that slow prostate growth, while also strengthening the structural support of both the urinary tract and bladder.
Havasu Nutrition Saw Palmetto
Havasu Nutrition’s saw palmetto prostate support supplement varies slightly when compared to other dietary supplements in its category. The primary distinction is their single-ingredient formula, which is saw palmetto.
Saw palmetto is a rich dietary source of beta-sitosterol. This plant phytosterol is reported to offer a number of health benefits, including decreasing cholesterol and alleviating urinary complications such as frequent urination 9.
Because of its anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer qualities, phytosterols like beta-sitosterol have been demonstrated to be effective in treating a variety of disorders in research and clinical investigations. This indicates that it has the potential to aid in the treatment of diseases such as prostate cancer.
VitaPost Prostate Plus
VitaPost Prostate Plus is a highly marketed and effective GMP-certified prostate dietary supplement.
If you have trouble urinating or are experiencing urinary symptoms, VitaPost Prostate Plus may be of benefit to you. This supplement includes a variety of beneficial herbs and compounds, such as zinc, which can help your prostate gland's general health.
Prostate Plus’s formula includes ingredients like Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, Saw Palmetto, Stinging nettle (nettle root), and green tea extract. These compounds are recognized for their antibacterial properties and capabilities in fighting urinary tract infections 9,10.
This prostate formula also contains antioxidant-rich red raspberries, which aid in the prevention of chronic diseases and improves overall wellness 11.
VitaPost Prostate Plus is a fantastic product to consider if you're searching for a trustworthy prostate remedy. According to consumer feedback, it is effective in treating urinary tract infections and ailments. By supplying essential nutrients the body requires to fight infection and inflammation, this supplement also offers long-term benefits.
Pure Encapsulations ProstaFlo
ProstaFlow by Pure Encapsulations is a prostate health supplement that offers beneficial nutrients to support prostate health in a vegan-friendly formula.
For those with dietary restrictions, finding nutritional supplements for prostate health and urinary tract complications can be quite difficult. Many of these supplements are formulated with non-vegan compounds which may cause disturbances to a restricted diet.
Luckily, ProstaFlow is dietary sensitive and contains all natural ingredients that are hypoallergenic, which indicates a near zero percent risk of harmful side effects.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Ward, A. B., Mir, H., Kapur, N., Gales, D. N., Carriere, P. P., & Singh, S. (2018). Quercetin inhibits prostate cancer by attenuating cell survival and inhibiting anti-apoptotic pathways. World journal of surgical oncology, 16(1), 108. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12957-018-1400-z
- Khan, F. U., Ihsan, A. U., Khan, H. U., Jana, R., Wazir, J., Khongorzul, P., Waqar, M., & Zhou, X. (2017). Comprehensive overview of prostatitis. Biomedicine & pharmacotherapy = Biomedecine & pharmacotherapie, 94, 1064–1076. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biopha.2017.08.016
- Lim K. B. (2017). Epidemiology of clinical benign prostatic hyperplasia. Asian journal of urology, 4(3), 148–151. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajur.2017.06.004
- Sandoval, M., Okuhama, N. N., Zhang, X. J., Condezo, L. A., Lao, J., Angeles, F. M., ... & Miller, M. J. S. (2002). Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities of cat's claw (Uncaria tomentosa and Uncaria guianensis) are independent of their alkaloid content. Phytomedicine, 9(4), 325-337.
- Ambavade, S. D., Misar, A. V., & Ambavade, P. D. (2014). Pharmacological, nutritional, and analytical aspects of β-sitosterol: a review. Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine, 14(3), 193-211.
- Integrative, P. D. Q. (2012). Prostate Cancer, Nutrition, and Dietary Supplements (PDQ®). In PDQ Cancer Information Summaries [Internet]. National Cancer Institute (US).
- Awad AB, Fink CS, Williams H, Kim U. In vitro and in vivo (SCID mice) effects of phytosterols on the growth and dissemination of human prostate cancer PC-3 cells. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2001 Dec;10(6):507-13. PMID 11916349
- Wilt TJ, MacDonald R, Ishani A. beta-sitosterol for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a systematic review. BJU Int. 1999 Jun;83(9):976-83. PMID 10368239
- Bin Sayeed, M. S., Karim, S. M. R., Sharmin, T., & Morshed, M. M. (2016). Critical analysis on characterization, systemic effect, and therapeutic potential of beta-sitosterol: a plant-derived orphan phytosterol. Medicines, 3(4), 29.
- Reygaert, W., & Jusufi, I. (2013). Green tea as an effective antimicrobial for urinary tract infections caused by Escherichia coli. Frontiers in microbiology, 4, 162.
- Rao, A. V., & Snyder, D. M. (2010). Raspberries and human health: a review. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 58(7), 3871-3883.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.