The Best Joint Pain Supplements You Can Buy
Edited and medically reviewed by ✔️ Team of BestInSupplements | Written by Katelyn Johnson (B.S. and M.S. in Nutrition Science)
Want to know which joint pain supplement is worth your time and money? This article will help you to identify the best joint pain supplements on the market based on expert reviews, advantages, and ratings.
Chronic joint pain and inflammation are the most common health problems after heart disease 1. Joint pain and inflammation can make it difficult to function on a daily basis. Simple tasks can quickly become unbearable and painful. As a result, joint supplements have become one of the most popular dietary aids to relieve pain.
Inflamed and weakened joints cause pain and inflammation, which joint supplements are designed to reduce or even reverse 2. The three main ingredients in most joint supplements are glucosamine, chondroitin, and methylsulfonylmethane (commonly referred to as MSM) 3,4.
Joint pain is part of aging: The Best Anti-Aging Supplements You Can Buy
All three of these ingredients have been researched and found to promote joint health. They can aid in water retention in cartilage, boost collagen production, and reduce inflammation that triggers pain and swelling.
There are plenty of products on the market that claim to support joints and alleviate symptoms associated with poor joint health, some of which are clearly superior to others. But which are the most effective?
The Best Joint Pain Supplements You Can Find In The Market
Because joint pain can be difficult to manage, you'll want the best product possible to help you improve joint health and reduce the severity of associated symptoms. The top joint pain products to help improve this condition are listed below, chosen for their superiority and effectiveness.
Jointprin Natural Joint Support
Jointprin can quickly and effectively relieve joint pain while also rebuilding joint density and strength. It can also help with other issues like swelling and stiffness, as well as improve overall bone and joint health.
Jointprin Natural Joint Support contains active ingredients that help to repair, rebuild, and maintain cartilage. They also reduce inflammation, decrease swelling, lubricate joints, and alleviate joint stiffness pain. The amino acids in Jointprin boost the immune system, which further supports overall joint health by repairing tissue and strengthening skeletal muscles.
Jointprin appears to be a trustworthy product for people with joint pain and stiffness. According to customer feedback, it worked quickly and effectively with no negative side effects.
This supplement is more appealing to buyers than other products because it comes with a 60-day money back guarantee. Many customers said it was a good alternative to taking pain relievers over the counter. Customers benefit from the variety of purchase options because it allows them to choose how much or how little they want to commit to.
When purchasing this item, you have four different options to choose from. Jointprin Natural Joint Support is available for around $50 per bottle.
Irwin Naturals 3 in 1 Joint Formula
People with joint problems can benefit from Irwin Naturals 3 in 1 Joint Formula. It not only aids cartilage regeneration, but it also lubricates synovial fluid. Furthermore, 3 in 1 Joint Formula is said to relieve any type of joint or articular pain.
The 3 in 1 Joint Formula is an effective treatment for joint pain. It contains no added preservatives, and the warnings and possible side effects are clearly stated on the label. This dietary supplement comes in a container with 90 capsules and costs around $40.
BioTrust Joint 33X
BioTrust Joint 33X is made up of three patented ingredients that help to restore, repair, and lubricate your joints. UC-II is a patented type of type II collagen that helps to repair and grow joint cartilage. It was found to be three times more effective in reducing joint discomfort and improving joint function than glucosamine and chondroitin in one study 5.
ApresFlex is a patented boswellia extract that inhibits the immune system's response, protecting joints from inflammation. In one study, ApresFlex was found to reduce joint discomfort in as little as five days 6.
Mobilee is a patented blend of hyaluronic acid, collagen, and polysaccharides that lubricates joints and replenishes synovial fluid, reducing friction. It's been shown to be 5 times more effective than just hyaluronic acid 7.
Collagen can also help you: The Best Marine Collagen Supplements You Can Buy
BioTrust is one of the most reputable and dependable supplement companies, with a long history of producing high-quality, well-formulated products that work. BioTrust Joint 33X is an excellent choice if you're suffering from joint pain.
PureHealth Research Joint Support Plus
PureHealth Research Joint Support Plus improves flexibility and mobility by combining anti-inflammatory herbal extracts with type II collagen. Turmeric, resveratrol, and boswellia are among the powerful antioxidants in its formula, which help to reduce inflammation and relieve joint pain 8. It also contains Bioperine, which aids in the bioavailability of the other ingredients 9.
Although we wish it contained at least some chondroitin or glucosamine, Joint Support Plus is still an excellent joint supplement. Collagen peptides help to directly stimulate collagen synthesis in the joints, which is important for improving joint strength.
Phytage Labs Joint Relief 911
Joint Relief 911 from Phytage Labs is a cutting-edge joint formula that features andrographis paniculata, a brand-new herbal extract. According to studies conducted in Chile, this herbal extract can effectively block inflammatory signals in the body, effectively halting the immune response 10.
Joint Relief 911 also contains hyaluronic acid, which helps to lubricate the joints by restoring synovial fluid. Although not a traditional joint supplement, Joint Relief 911 has excellent online reviews and is a good alternative to chondroitin.
Zenith Labs Joint N-11
The main ingredient in Zenith Labs Joint N-11 is a pure form of niacinamide. Vitamin B3 is essential for joint health and may help relieve the symptoms of osteoarthritis, according to research 11. Joint N-11 promises to relieve even the most severe cases of joint pain and inflammation by combining two different blends.
BioPerine, ginger root, and basil comprise the "absorption blend," to help your body absorb niacinamide quickly 9. The "rapid relief blend," contains turmeric, MSM, and other anti-inflammatory ingredients, designed to reduce swelling, repair cartilage, and improve mobility 3,8.
Although Joint N-11 contains a lot of anti-inflammatory herbal extracts that are known to help with joint health, it doesn't contain glucosamine or chondroitin. So, Joint N-11 may not be strong enough to help those with severe joint pain.
VitaBalance ProJoint Plus
To support cartilage strength, VitaBalance ProJoint Plus contains enough glucosamine and chondroitin. Turmeric is a well-known anti-inflammatory compound that also helps with pain, stiffness, and swelling 8.
Other powerful compounds, such as quercetin, bromelain, and methionine, are known for their ability to reduce inflammation and pain, as well as repair joint damage 12.
Another alternative form of collagen: The Best Collagen Gummies You Can Buy
ProJoint Plus has everything you need to reduce pain and swelling quickly, whether you're a runner, an athlete, or just someone who suffers from arthritis.
MoveMD by 1MD
1MD MoveMD is a cutting-edge joint supplement that is commonly used to alleviate joint pain. Zanthin Natural Astaxanthin, UC-II Undenatured type II collagen, and AprèsFlex Boswellia Serrata are three clinically studied ingredients 5,13,14.
All three of these ingredients have been clinically proven to help relieve joint pain, reduce inflammation, and improve mobility. MoveMD is not as potent as other joint supplements, it is a great product for chronic joint pain.
Joint Support + by Nuzena
Nuzena is a relatively new supplement company, but its joint product is already making waves. Nuzena Joint Support+ has 15,00mg of glucosamine and 150mg of chondroitin, the two most scientifically supported ingredients for joint health and inflammation relief 15.
Additional ingredients such as turmeric, bromelain, and boswellia are included for added support and pain relief.
Zenwise Advanced Strength Joint Support
Zenwise Joint Support is a fantastic joint supplement that covers nearly all joint pain relief bases. It contains 500mg of glucosamine, as well as chondroitin, MSM, and hyaluronic acid, all of which are common ingredients in joint supplements 16.
Zenwise contains additional anti-inflammatory ingredients such as boswellia and curcumin, making it a better option if you have more redness and swelling in your joints. Plus, it's frequently available on Amazon, where you can get free two-day shipping if you're an Amazon Prime member.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Barbour, K. E., Helmick, C. G., Boring, M., & Brady, T. J. (2017). Vital signs: prevalence of doctor-diagnosed arthritis and arthritis-attributable activity limitation—United States, 2013–2015. MMWR. Morbidity and mortality weekly report, 66(9), 246.
- Kurniajati, S., & Puspandari, D. (2020, August). EFFECTIVE WARM COMPRESSIVE EFFECTIVENESS JOINAL PAIN IN ELDERLY. In PROCEEDINGS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF HEALTH, NURSING, AND EDUCATION(Vol. 2, pp. 7-14).
- Butawan, M., Benjamin, R. L., & Bloomer, R. J. (2017). Methylsulfonylmethane: applications and safety of a novel dietary supplement. Nutrients, 9(3), 290.
- Bhathal, A., Spryszak, M., Louizos, C., & Frankel, G. (2017). Glucosamine and chondroitin use in canines for osteoarthritis: A review. Open veterinary journal, 7(1), 36-49.
- Zheng, Y., Zhao, H., Liu, A., Liu, S., Zou, G., & Wang, H. (2020, November). The Effects of Undenatured Type II Collagen on Inflammatory Mediators and Oxidative Stress in an Osteoarthritis Rat Model. In IOP Conference Series. Earth and Environmental Science (Vol. 598, No. 1). IOP Publishing.
- Code, S. P. (2018). Delayed-release combination of phosphatidylcholine, curcumin and ApresFlex® Boswellia serrata extract.
- Cook, S. G. (2019). Mechanisms of Synovial Fluid Lubrication at the Molecular and Tissue Scale. Cornell University.
- Memarzia, A., Khazdair, M. R., Behrouz, S., Gholamnezhad, Z., Jafarnezhad, M., Saadat, S., & Boskabady, M. H. (2021). Experimental and clinical reports on anti‐inflammatory, antioxidant, and immunomodulatory effects of Curcuma longa and curcumin, an updated and comprehensive review. BioFactors.
- Fernández-Lázaro, D., Mielgo-Ayuso, J., Córdova Martínez, A., & Seco-Calvo, J. (2020). Iron and physical activity: bioavailability enhancers, properties of black pepper (bioperine®) and potential applications. Nutrients, 12(6), 1886.
- Ding, Y., Chen, L., Wu, W., Yang, J., Yang, Z., & Liu, S. (2017). Andrographolide inhibits influenza A virus-induced inflammation in a murine model through NF-κB and JAK-STAT signaling pathway. Microbes and infection, 19(12), 605-615.
- Zhai, G. (2019). Alteration of metabolic pathways in osteoarthritis. Metabolites, 9(1), 11.
- Noland, J., & Noland, D. (2020). Nutritional Influences on Immunity and Infection. Integrative and Functional Medical Nutrition Therapy: Principles and Practices, 303.
- Rao, A. R., & Ravishankar, G. A. (2019). Potential Health and Nutraceutical Applications of Astaxanthin and Astaxanthin Esters from Microalgae. In Handbook of Algal Technologies and Phytochemicals (pp. 121-137). CRC Press.
- DOWNEY, M. Arthritis. SurgingEpidemic ofFatty LIVER, 39.
- Henrotin, Y., & Mobasheri, A. (2018). Natural products for promoting joint health and managing osteoarthritis. Current rheumatology reports, 20(11), 1-9.
- Kılıç, S. C. (2021). Does glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, and methylsulfonylmethane supplementation improve the outcome of temporomandibular joint osteoarthritis management with arthrocentesis plus intraarticular hyaluronic acid injection. A randomized clinical trial. Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.