Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega Reviews, Ingredients, Does It Work?
Edited and medically reviewed by ✔️ Team of BestInSupplements | Written by Katelyn Johnson (B.S. and M.S. in Nutrition Science)
Read our in-depth review of Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega to explore a natural and effective way to boost your omega intake. We cover its ingredients and benefits to help you determine if this is the supplement for you.
Americans are increasingly using fish oil and Omega-3 supplements, such as Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega, because of the numerous health benefits of this supplement.
The American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association (ACC/AHA) encourages eating a healthy diet full of Omega-3-rich foods. However, for those who feel their diets are deficient in omega-3’s, research indicates that an Omega-3 supplement can help you meet dietary needs and provide similar health benefits as a diet rich in EPA and DHA 1.
This review is part of: The Best Dopamine Supplements You Can Buy
A diet high in Omega-3 fatty acids aids in embryonic growth, promotes brain and eye health, and aids in the prevention of heart disease.
Ultimate Omega by Nordic Naturals is a top-selling Omega-3 supplement. According to the official website, it contains a high concentration of Omega-3 fish oil (1280 mg per serving) and its formula fulfills the American Heart Association's daily recommended dose for maintaining a healthy heart 1.
For maximum absorption, the Omega-3 fish oil concentrates utilized in Nordic Naturals Omega-3 are in the triglyceride molecular form (naturally found in fish).
Here You Will Discover More About:
- 1 Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega Benefits
- 2 Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega Ingredients
- 3 Is Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega Safe?
- 4 Who Should Use Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega?
- 5 Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega Review And Final Thoughts
- 6 Where Can I Buy Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega?
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega Benefits
Marketed benefits of Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega does include:
- High abundance of naturally sourced Omega-3s.
- Promotes wellness, heart health, brain function, and optimal cognitive development.
- Non-GMO certification and third-party purity testing.
- Molecularly distilled to ensure purity.
Beyond the essential upkeep of cells in the body, preliminary research has connected Omega-3 fatty acids (particularly EPA and DHA) to a variety of other health advantages 2.
Discover this alternative: Omega XL Reviews, Ingredients, Does It Work?
According to the ODS clinical study, people who consume fish regularly, which is an important source of Omega-3 fatty acids, have a lower risk of different chronic diseases than people who don't eat fish 2.
Let's review each one of the main benefits of taking supplements like Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega:
Reduce Risk Of Heart Disease
Of the most well-known benefits of the ratio Omega 3, 6, and 9 is their ability to reduce risk factors for heart disease. Stroke and heart disease are the top causes of death worldwide, but cultures that consume a high-omega diet have amazingly low rates of these diseases 3.
Mental Health Support
The omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA may aid in the treatment of mental illnesses and cognitive deterioration. Several brain and mental health disorders appear to improve when people consume adequate Omega-3 fatty acids 4.
Fight Anxiety And Depression Symptoms
Well-known mental health issues are among the most prevalent in the world today, and traditional therapies for depression and anxiety are often frustratingly unsuccessful.
Individuals who consume large amounts of Omega-3s regularly, on the other hand, are less likely to be depressed or suffer from severe anxiety episodes than those who are deficient 4.
Improve your health via superfood supplements: The Best Superfood Powder You Can Buy
A study published in 2009 compared the therapeutic effects of Omega-3 fatty acids in the treatment of depression symptoms. The findings seemed to point to the potential benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids in the treatment of severe depression. 4.
Researchers comparing Omega-3 levels in adolescents discovered that children diagnosed with ADHD have lower blood Omega-3 fatty acid levels than healthy comparable subjects. Results appear to indicate that Omega-3 fatty acids aid in the treatment of ADHD 5, 6.
Often known as manic depression, it is a complicated and sometimes severe condition. There is evidence that Omega-3 helps bipolar patients by calming their moods 7.
Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega Ingredients
The active components in Ultimate Omega are as follows:
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid): 650 mg.
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid): 450 mg.
- Other Omega-3s: 180 mg.
Inactive ingredients include soft gel capsule (gelatin, glycerin, water, natural lemon flavor), purified deep sea fish oil (from anchovies and sardines), d-alpha-tocopherol, natural lemon flavor, and rosemary extract (natural preservative).
Is Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega Safe?
Ultimate Omega is generally thought safe when taken as directed. However, some individuals may have modest side effects from the supplement, such as:
- Fish flavor.
- Foul breath.
- Skin rash – itching/swelling.
- Breathing difficulties.
Who Should Use Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega?
Ultimate Omega should be used primarily by persons who feel they need extra support in consuming omega-3 fatty acids because their diet alone does not provide a sufficient amount.
Would you like to improve your diet?: The Best Keto Supplements You Can Buy
Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega Review And Final Thoughts
Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega supplement contains one of the largest quantities of EPA/DHA per serving of any Omega-3 nutritional supplement tested, which is a significant advantage.
Another positive that has gained high praise is how Nordic Naturals has made their Certificates of Analysis easily accessible to anyone who wanted to learn more about the product they bought. These certificates ensure purity, freshness, potency, non-GMO, sustainability, and the absence of radioactive activity.
Overall, Ultimate Omega is a good choice for anyone seeking an Omega-3 supplement. The product is reasonably priced for what it provides. It has also generated an overwhelming amount of excellent feedback and comments from highly satisfied buyers.
On Amazon, Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega 3 customer reviews and testimonials are incredibly positive. This dietary supplement has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 (20k+ ratings), with 95% of buyers giving it at least four stars.
Achieving and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is an important goal to many. Supplementing with products like Ultimate Omega that offer numerous health benefits can effectively help you obtain your goals by supporting total body wellness.
Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega Junior Reviews
Additionally to their main product, Omega-3 fatty acids may be favorable to the cognitive development of infants and children 8.
Pregnant women also should be especially mindful of this. Children whose mothers supplemented with Omega-3s during pregnancy were shown to perform better on psychomotor, mental processing, audial processing, and hand-eye coordination tests at nine months and four years of age. These children appear to have a lower chance of developing ADD/ADHD 9.
Where Can I Buy Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega?
Ultimate Omega is available online (from retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, eBay, Vitamin Shoppe, CVS, Walgreens, GNC, and others) as well as in many local stores and supermarkets.
You can also find all Nordic Naturals products available on the company's official website. They have low prices, promotions, and free shipping inside the United States.
Ultimate Omega can be purchased in a variety of packages. The price list varies depending on the supplement form chosen (soft gels or liquid) and the number of servings per bottle.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Skulas-Ray, A. C., Wilson, P. W., Harris, W. S., Brinton, E. A., Kris-Etherton, P. M., Richter, C. K., ... & Welty, F. K. (2019). Omega-3 fatty acids for the management of hypertriglyceridemia: a science advisory from the American Heart Association. Circulation, 140(12), e673-e691.
- Kris-Etherton, P. M., Harris, W. S., & Appel, L. J. (2003). Fish consumption, fish oil, omega-3 fatty acids, and cardiovascular disease. Arteriosclerosis, thrombosis, and vascular biology, 23(2), e20-e30.
- Peter, S., Chopra, S., & Jacob, J. J. (2013). A fish a day, keeps the cardiologist away!–A review of the effect of omega-3 fatty acids in the cardiovascular system. Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 17(3), 422.
- Grosso, G., Galvano, F., Marventano, S., Malaguarnera, M., Bucolo, C., Drago, F., & Caraci, F. (2014). Omega-3 fatty acids and depression: scientific evidence and biological mechanisms. Oxidative medicine and cellular longevity, 2014.
- L. J. Stevens, S. S. Zentall, J. L. Deck, M. L. Abate, B. A. Watkins, S. R. Lipp, and J. R. Burgess - Essential fatty acid metabolism in boys with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Retrieved on March 2, 2021.
- Bloch, M. H., & Qawasmi, A. (2011). Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation for the treatment of children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder symptomatology: systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 50(10), 991-1000.
- Horrocks, L. A., & Yeo, Y. K. (1999). Health benefits of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Pharmacological research, 40(3), 211-225.
- Judge, M. P., Harel, O., & Lammi-Keefe, C. J. (2007). Maternal consumption of a docosahexaenoic acid–containing functional food during pregnancy: benefit for infant performance on problem-solving but not on recognition memory tasks at age 9 mo. The American journal of clinical nutrition, 85(6), 1572-1577.
- Helland, I. B., Smith, L., Saarem, K., Saugstad, O. D., & Drevon, C. A. (2003). Maternal supplementation with very-long-chain n-3 fatty acids during pregnancy and lactation augments children’s IQ at 4 years of age. Pediatrics, 111(1), e39-e44.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.