Live Conscious (LiveWell) Collagen Peptides Reviews, Ingredients, Does It Work?
Edited and medically reviewed by ✔️ Team of BestInSupplements | Written by Katelyn Johnson (B.S. and M.S. in Nutrition Science)
We have reviewed Live Conscious (before known as LiveWell) Collagen Peptides to find all the info you may need to know about this supplement: does it work? What about it's ingredients? Is it safe to take? Discover all you need to know about Collagen Peptides from this brand.
Collagen is the most prevalent protein in your body, but as you age, your body produces less of it. Supplementing with other sources, such as Live Conscious Collagen Peptides, before known as LiveWell Collagen Peptides, can prove quite advantageous.
Many health-conscious people incorporate collagen powder supplements - such as Collagen Peptides from Live Conscious - to their diet in the hopes of improving skin health, relieving joint pain, preventing bone loss, increasing muscle mass, promoting heart health, and other added benefits 1.
This review is part of: The Best Anti-Aging Supplements You Can Buy
LiveWell Collagen (LiveWell is a brand whose name is becoming Live Conscious) is formulated with quality ingredients, no use of harmful chemicals or additives, and free from dairy, preservatives, and soy.
Live Conscious (LiveWell) ideally sourced type 1 and 3 collagen peptides offer greater support for healthy hair, skin, nail, bone, and joints. Their collagen peptides are hydrolyzed, which enhances bioavailability (easier utilization) in the body. This feature supports gut health, improves immune function, and synthesizes a better overall cellular structure 2.
Their ingredients are derived from Grade A bovine collagen. These cattle are grass-fed, pasture-raised, and certified hormone-free. Pasture-raised refers to a bovine that has been accredited as being 100% non-GMO. The non-GMO bovine is critical to consider when choosing a collagen supplement because it stresses the importance of providing customers with the most natural food possible.
If you are looking for a high-quality collagen supplement containing hydrolyzed collagen peptides, Live Conscious Collagen Peptides is a genuinely worthy buy and an excellent choice for consumers looking for a collagen supplement that is tasteless, odorless, and mixes well with your favorite drinks - like coffee, juice, smoothie, even water.
Here You Will Discover More About:
- 1 Collagen Types
- 2 Live Conscious (LiveWell) Collagen Benefits
- 3 Live Conscious (LiveWell) Collagen Ingredients
- 4 Is LiveWell Collagen, Now Live Conscious Brand, Really Healthy?
- 5 Is Live Conscious Collagen Safe?
- 6 Who Should Use Live Conscious Collagen Peptides?
- 7 Where to Buy Live Conscious Collagen Peptide Products
- 8 Live Conscious Collagen Peptides Overall Review
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
Collagen is the most abundant form of protein in your body and needed for your body to function properly. We do produce our own collagen by converting protein from food into amino acids, which are then converted into peptides (larger chains of various amino acids) 2 Collagen is found in connective tissue (such as joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles). Consider collagen to be a tissue building block; without it, the body cannot create new tissue or repair damaged tissue 3,4.
Maybe you came here looking for this: The Best Collagen Gummies You Can Buy
It is critical to have a sufficient amount of high quality protein sources in your diet – such as meat, seafood, plants, collagen supplements, etc. - to support your body's ability to repair damage to nails and skin, as well as strengthen connective tissue 5.
Although there are 16 different types of collagen, approximately 90% of the collagen in your body is either type I, type II, or type III. These three forms of collagen have distinct purposes, and it is critical to understand the distinctions between them.
Type I collagen is the most prevalent type found in skin, tendons, ligaments, bones, teeth, and between organs. It is also widely recognized for its advantages to the hair, skin, and nails. Simply told, it's a multipurpose protein with several health advantages for the entire body 2.
Type II is mostly found in your eyes and cartilage. It's a particularly specialized form of protein that aids with joint health. Because various forms of collagen offer joint benefits, obtaining a collagen dietary supplement that contains type II isn't always necessary 4.
Type III is present in the skin, muscles, and blood arteries of the body. This form of collagen is commonly found with type I collagen, and they work well together. Type III is also recognized for improving skin suppleness and smoothing out fine wrinkles 4.
Live Conscious (LiveWell) Collagen Benefits
Collagen peptides are naturally occurring short-chain amino acids generated from collagen protein. However, not all collagen peptides are made equal. This is why it is recommended to choose a collagen supplement with hydrolyzed collagen peptides. When collagen peptides are hydrolyzed, it just means the amino acids are broken down to make them easier for your body to absorb.
Hydrolyzed collagen peptides can be derived from a variety of sources, including fish and bovine. However, hydrolyzed collagen peptides sourced from fish are less powerful than those from bovine. Because of their power and efficacy, it is strongly recommended to buy a collagen supplement like Live Conscious Collagen with hydrolyzed collagen peptides obtained from organic, grass-fed cattle.
Promotes Hair, Skin, And Nail Health
Collagen is the most abundant naturally occurring protein in the skin, and it serves as a structural component for our tissues, cells, and organs.
However, our collagen levels gradually decrease as we age, which is why wrinkles and dull skin are common signs of aging. By taking collagen supplements, you can help maintain high collagen levels in your body, which supports the strength of your hair, skin, and nails. That is why it may even aid in the prevention of fine lines and wrinkles!
Supports Bone and Joint Health
As our collagen levels gradually decrease with age, we experience bone and joint fragility and weakness. This is why, as we get older, we have more tragic falls and become weaker. Collagen, the most abundant, naturally occurring protein in our bodies, can help keep bones and joints intact and even avoid some of the fragility that occurs later in life 6.
Improves Gut and Immune Function
Peptides of collagen can aid in the healing of the gut lining, which in turn aids in digestion and the prevention and treatment of gastrointestinal disorders such as leaky gut.
Collagen also includes important amino acids such as glutamine, which are extremely beneficial to digestive health. Our immune systems benefit from healing the gut lining and promoting good digestion, particularly when it comes to nutrient absorption 7.
Live Conscious (LiveWell) Collagen Ingredients
Collagen – particularly types I and III - is the primary component of Live Conscious Collagen Peptides. Their peptides are sourced from Grade-A beef cattle that are pasture-raised, grass-fed, and hormone-free.
Live Conscious Labs Nutrition Collagen Peptides contain a complete amino acid profile, with 20 amino acids, including essential amino acids required by our bodies. Their collagen is an enzymatically synthesized collagen that optimizes bioavailability to boost absorption throughout the body 9.
Live Conscious Peptides collagen product contains - per serving - 10 grams of protein, 4 mg of calcium, 0.22 mg of iron, 55 mg of sodium, and 1 mg of potassium.
One serving of Live Conscious (LiveWell) collagen peptides is only 40 calories and each bag has approximately 41 servings (equals to 16 ounces).
Is LiveWell Collagen, Now Live Conscious Brand, Really Healthy?
The Live Conscious Collagen Peptides are an excellent collagen supplement to consider. What makes their product particularly unique? There are no preservatives or added sugars - which are quite common in collagen supplements.
It's also important to note that the bovine collagen source contains no hormones and is grass-fed. When it comes to collagen supplements, always search for more ethical, hormone-free, and pasture-raised cattle and bovine sources.
Additionally, the authenticity of Live Conscious supplements are verified through independent third-party testers.
Is Live Conscious Collagen Safe?
In general, collagen peptides are safe to use, although some side effects have been identified. Before taking collagen, talk to your doctor.
Some of the more common side effects of collagen peptides are as follows:
- Fullness sensations
- Strange taste in the mouth
- Digestive discomfort
Live Conscious Collagen Peptides accommodate dietary restrictions, as they are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, non-GMO, and free of preservatives. They are also suitable for special diets such as the keto and paleo diets.
Live Conscious utilizes hydrolyzed peptides from pasture-fed cattle for maximum absorption and utilization. As a result, there are no additives from other sources that cause side effects.
Who Should Use Live Conscious Collagen Peptides?
Anyone may use peptides with collagen but be mindful that they are derived from bovine or meat sources. If you are a vegetarian or rarely eat meat, you may want to consider a different protein supplement.
This is an excellent product to use if you want to improve your protein intake, boost your digestive system, or enhance fitness/athletic performance 10.
Where to Buy Live Conscious Collagen Peptide Products
Live Conscious Collagen Peptides may be purchased straight from the Live Conscious website for around $35 per bag (we recommend to double check prices at any given time). Te brand has also recently opened a store through Amazon, with a subscribe and save option at a reasonable price of around 33 dollars.
Live Conscious Collagen Peptides Overall Review
We naturally lose collagen as we age, and modern diets are low in collagen, which can cause stiffness, swollen joints, sagging skin, wrinkles, and other problems. Adding hydrolyzed collagen to your body's reserves will boost joint health, digestion, brain health, and give you more youthful-looking skin, thicker, healthier hair, and stronger nails 11, 12.
Experts with DWYM Health & Wellness, Cham Reviews, Oh So Savvy Mom, and Consummers Survey ranked Live Conscious Collagen Peptides 2nd overall in a list of top collagen supplement products available on the market, with an overall ranking of 9.7/10.
Because of Live Conscvioususe of quality ingredients from pasture-fed bovine sources, the diverse amino acid profile from hydrolyzed peptides, and the 365-day money-back guarantee, Amazon buyers scored this collagen supplement 9.1/10.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sibilla, S., Godfrey, M., Brewer, S., Budh-Raja, A., & Genovese, L. (2015). An overview of the beneficial effects of hydrolysed collagen as a nutraceutical on skin properties: Scientific background and clinical studies. The Open Nutraceuticals Journal, 8(1).
- Kwatra, B. (2020). Collagen Supplementation: Therapy for Skin Disorders: A Review. World J. Pharm. Res, 9, 2504-2518.
- Rawson, E. S., Miles, M. P., & Larson-Meyer, D. E. (2018). Dietary supplements for health, adaptation, and recovery in athletes. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, 28(2), 188-199.
- Paul, C., Leser, S., & Oesser, S. (2019). Significant amounts of functional collagen peptides can be incorporated in the diet while maintaining indispensable amino acid balance. Nutrients, 11(5), 1079.
- Pal, G. K., & Suresh, P. V. (2016). Sustainable valorisation of seafood by-products: Recovery of collagen and development of collagen-based novel functional food ingredients. Innovative food science & emerging technologies, 37, 201-215.
- Bello, A. E., & Oesser, S. (2006). Collagen hydrolysate for the treatment of osteoarthritis and other joint disorders: a review of the literature. Current medical research and opinion, 22(11), 2221-2232.
- Phillips, S. M. (2017). Current concepts and unresolved questions in dietary protein requirements and supplements in adults. Frontiers in nutrition, 4, 13.
- STORY, M. (2019). The Health Benefits of Collagen. Health.
- Daneault, A., Prawitt, J., Fabien Soulé, V., Coxam, V., & Wittrant, Y. (2017). Biological effect of hydrolyzed collagen on bone metabolism. Critical reviews in food science and nutrition, 57(9), 1922-1937.
- Praet, S. F., Purdam, C. R., Welvaert, M., Vlahovich, N., Lovell, G., Burke, L. M., ... & Waddington, G. (2019). Oral supplementation of specific collagen peptides combined with calf-strengthening exercises enhances function and reduces pain in achilles tendinopathy patients. Nutrients, 11(1), 76.
- Do They, C. P. J. W. Home» The Amazing Benefits of Pure Collagen» Collagen Peptides-Just What Do They Really Do?.
- Hashim, P., Ridzwan, M. M., Bakar, J., & Hashim, M. D. (2015). Collagen in food and beverage industries. International Food Research Journal, 22(1), 1.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.