Optimum Nutrition is the gold standard in sports nutrition, providing the health-conscious community with a variety of health supplements to improve well being. Check out their best products here.
Optimum Nutrition is a highly reviewed company that has been producing health-related goods for over three decades. The items of this brand serve athletes and gym fanatics. However, general people can use these products in their life as well.
The brand uses only the very best and high-quality ingredients to make the products with very tight quality control. The products are tested and then re-tested to fit your daily needs. Under strict observations and guided by a team of all-rounded experts, this company strives to bring the very best to its users. The brand Optimum Nutrition ensures that there is no breach and contamination during the making process and that all the products are free of any unknown or harmful substances.
Improve your post-workout: The Best Muscle Recovery Supplements You Can Buy
Optimum Nutrition supplements are some of the products this brand has been manufacturing for many years. A supplement is a product meant for giving nutrients that may be lacking in a person's diet. They are made of certain ingredients that are healthy for the human body.
For those who live an active and hectic lifestyle, the daily diet may not fulfill the nutrient requirement that their body needs. It is especially true for the athletes, who need a prime and a perfect diet to train and achieve their goals. This company hopes that its products will fill in those nutritional gaps for its users and keep them fit and active. These supplements have also helped with certain medical conditions and helped relieve some strain in the user's daily life.
The supplements of this brand have been categorized into different kinds depending on their mode of action. These categories are:
- Protein: The products under this category supply a good amount of protein in your daily diet. These products help in bodybuilding and obtaining healthy muscles. These items will also help you achieve your desired body weight goals.
- Weight Gainers: These products contain a good amount of calories gained from protein, carbs, and vitamins. These items are made especially for gaining body mass.
- Advanced Fitness: These items ensure that you stay fit, and active and provide the very best of your performance. These products ensure that the user gets constant energy during their exercise and workout routines.
- Energy: These products help to provide a constant supply of energy. A decrease in energy levels can be detrimental to the athletes who are training for their goals. Thus, these can help you to train to your heart's content without losing much energy.
- Active Lifestyle: These products help provide energy to the muscles, provide immunity against certain conditions, and keep a person fit.
Hence, all the supplements under this company are meant for the ideal training and nutrient supply for athletes.
Best Optimum Nutrition Supplements That You Can Buy
The supplements under this brand, Optimum Nutrition, have been in production for a long time. Each product has been carefully made with the very best technology. Here we present to you some of their best-selling products.
Each of these has received very good reviews from the users. These supplements each have their own uses and we recommend users try them out and see their effects for themselves. Here are the best Optimum Nutrition supplements that you should know:
ZMA stands for Zinc Magnesium Aspartate. It is a mix of vitamins and minerals required for daily function in the human body and cannot be stored easily in the human body. It contains Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6. These capsules fill the nutrient gaps for these nutrients, especially for those who live an active lifestyle.
Zinc can activate vital enzymes in the body. It can also increase immunity and helps in the growth of the cells throughout life 1. A person needs daily replenishment of zinc in their diet.
Magnesium helps to synthesize proteins in the body. It can regulate the pressure of blood, control the level of sugar, and aid in the proper working of the nerves and the muscles 2.
Vitamin B6 works to provide energy for the body. It also maintains the level of an amino acid called homocysteine in the body 3. It also regulates mood, promotes the health of the brain, and helps treat anemia as well as prevent eye diseases.
Who said vitamins?: The Best B12 Supplements You Can Buy
This combo will work to give you a boost of energy and keep your immune system fit at the same time. As for the dosage, we advise men to take three capsules before bed daily and for women to take two capsules before bed daily. So if you want a supplement that will give you better health, this may be the best product for you.
Fish Oils Soft Gels
This product, called Optimum Nutrition Fish Oils Soft Gels, contains Omega-3 fatty acids. These soft gels are enteric-coated. It means it prevents the fishy aftertaste and gets absorbed more slowly in the gut.
Fish Oils Soft Gels contain EPA and DHA, or Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). These nutrients can help improve mental health and improve memory. They also decrease the effects of inflammation 4.
They also help to maintain the health of the joints, heart, and blood vessels. They also control the level of cholesterol. They do this by lowering the bad cholesterol and increasing the level of good cholesterol. They also have antioxidative properties 5. Omega 3 fatty acids can also reduce the risk of heart diseases, improve eye health and improve mental health.
We suggest users consume one soft gel with a meal once daily. So if you are searching for an item that could help you achieve good mental health and a healthy body, this might be the best one for you.
Collagen + Hyaluronic acid
Collagen + Hyaluronic Acid from Optimum Nutrition contains collagen peptides, hyaluronic acid, biotin, and Resveratrol mixed into a powder form. Collagen is the most common tissue in our body. It makes up the bones, skin, tendons, and ligaments 6. Supplementing collagen helps for better functioning of the joints 7.
It replaces the dead skin cells and restores them, making the skin look younger. The other ingredient, Hyaluronic acid, is required for the body to perform lubricating actions, especially in joints, and to hydrate the skin 8. It is also effective in cases of osteoarthritis. Biotin can treat skin and hair-related conditions 9. It can improve conditions of brittle hair and skin disease 10. Resveratrol is useful to treat degeneration of the nerves, inflammations, oxidative stress, and age 11.
This product also contains Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Vitamin E. Vitamin C is necessary to make collagen. It can also heal wounds 12. Vitamin D maintains the level of phosphorus and calcium in the body and keeps the bones and muscles healthy 13. Vitamin E is an antioxidant and helps in metabolism in the body 14.
Collagen+ Hyaluronic acid powder is gluten and dairy-free. We advise the users to mix one scoop of the powder with about 250ml of water and to drink the mixture daily. Hence, this product is ideal if you are looking for a supplement capable of strengthening the joints and boosting your hair, skin, and nails growth.
Glutamine Caps by Optimum Nutrition are capsules containing L-Glutamine. Glutamine is a type of amino acid found in the body and helps in the functioning of the muscles. It maintains the barrier between the cells of the intestine and the rest of the body. It keeps the intestinal cells healthy. It also provides fuel to the intestinal cells and helps in maintaining the immunity of the body.
Glutamine also has antioxidative properties, so it decreases the level of oxidative stress in the body. It can also help in the treatment and recovery of trauma patients 15. L-Glutamine may get depleted after an intense workout session. So it is important to restore this depleted amount of L-Glutamine in the body to make it work more smoothly.
With each capsule providing 500mg of L-glutamine, this may be the best item to keep your body full of energy during exercises. We suggest users take two capsules of Glutamine caps before every workout routine. We hope that this item will help you achieve your exercise goals and provide the extra boost to keep going ahead with your routine.
Gold Standing Fit 40 Training and Performance Booster
The Gold Standing Fit 40 Training and Performance Booster was made specifically for people over 40 years of age. It is formulated specifically for supporting muscles and gaining strength. It contains 3 grams of Creatine monohydrate, 2 grams of beta-alanine, and 2 grams of HMB or Calcium Hydroxy Methyl Butyrate per serving. It also has additional Peak02, Vitamin D and Calcium.
Creatine Monohydrate helps to supply muscles with energy during training. It also helps make the body stronger and increase body mass in weight training programs 16. Beta-alanine helps synthesize carnosine. Carnosine is a substance that helps to change the pH level of muscles hence decreasing muscle fatigue 17.
Read this related review: Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Reviews, Ingredients, Does It Work?
Hydroxy Methyl Butyrate cares for the exercise damaged muscle and gives the better regenerative capacity to the affected muscles 18. Peak O2 contains six types of mushrooms: Cordyceps, Reishi, King Trumpet, Shiitake, Lion’s Mane, and Turkey Tail. This combination helps overcome stress. It also has antioxidative properties. It also enhances oxygen use during exercise and increases the workout duration 19. Vitamin D and calcium help protect the muscles and keep the bones healthy and strong.
The user should take this item before or during exercise by mixing a scoopful of it with water. With the ability to increase and maintain the strength of the muscles, this product may be ideal for older athletes.
Prebiotic + Probiotic Gummies
Optimum Nutrition made Prebiotic + Probiotic Gummies for the health of the gut. It contains about 2 billion colony-forming units of the probiotic Bacillus coagulans. It also consists of 3g of chicory root fiber which provides Inulin. Bacillus coagulans are microorganisms that work as dietary supplements.
Chicory root Inulin provides nutrients to the microorganisms in the intestines. Inulin also controls the lipid level and increases the number of good bacterias in the guts like Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus. It also enhances the absorption of calcium and magnesium from the intestines 22.
These ingredients have been made into chewable gummies in blue raspberry flavor, making them easy to consume. We advise the users to take these twice daily. Hence if you are looking for better gut health, this product may be the one for you.
Immunity + Probiotic Gummies
The Immunity + Probiotic Gummies use ingredients meant to protect the body and aid in digestion. These gummies contain the following substances: Vitamin A palmitate, Ascorbic acid for vitamin C, di-alpha tocopheryl acetate for Vitamin E, Echinacea, and Bacillus coagulans.
Vitamin C helps in wound healing, clotting of the blood, and rejuvenating nerves 23. It also helps manage the level of glucose in the blood, reduces the risk of heart diseases, and boosts immunity. Vitamin E has antioxidative properties and can reduce oxidative stress in the body 24. It also helps in the proper growth and development of the cells of the human body. Vitamin A is the primary vitamin needed for vision. It also helps in the differentiation of cells. It also has immunoprotective functions 25.
Echinacea can decrease the duration of common colds and upper respiratory tract infections 26. Bacillus coagulans are probiotic bacteria that can be effective in treating bowel disorders 27. It also helps to increase the number of good bacteria in the body. It is good in cases of inflammatory bowel diseases and bowel disorders.
It is recommended to take these gummies once daily with food. So if you are looking for a supplement that not only provides immunity and helps with bowel health but is also easy to chew, then this might be the best one for you.
The Optimum Nutrition Tribulus 625 are capsules containing Tribulus terrestris Extract. Tribulus has long been used in eastern medicine to enhance athletic performance, chest pains, sexual disorders, and infertility. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties and can protect against liver disorders. It also has antioxidative properties hence being able to help against oxidative stress. It has also been shown to be effective in decreasing the enlarged prostate condition in men. It also serves as an antidiuretic and helps in renal diseases 28.
We advise the users to consume 1 to 2 capsules daily with meals. Hence if you are searching for a product that can help you with these matters, this might be the best supplement for you.
Optimum Nutrition has good reviews among the customers. These products are well tolerated and have no toxicities to date. The company hopes for the users to give these products a try and provide their valuable feedback.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Roohani N, Hurrell R, Kelishadi R, Schulin R. Zinc and its importance for human health: An integrative review. Journal of research in medical sciences: the official journal of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences. 2013 Feb;18(2):144.
- Magnesium Professional Health sheet
- Pyridoxine Health Professional Fact sheet
- Kidd PM. Omega-3 DHA and EPA for cognition, behavior, and mood: clinical findings and structural-functional synergies with cell membrane phospholipids. Alternative medicine review. 2007 Sep 1;12(3):207.
- Omega 3 Health Professional Fact Sheet
- Czajka A, Kania EM, Genovese L, Corbo A, Merone G, Luci C, Sibilla S. Daily oral supplementation with collagen peptides combined with vitamins and other bioactive compounds improves skin elasticity and has a beneficial effect on joint and general wellbeing. Nutrition Research. 2018 Sep 1;57:97-108.
- Dar, Q. et al., 2017. Daily oral consumption of hydrolyzed type 1 collagen is chondroprotective and anti-inflammatory in murine posttraumatic osteoarthritis. PLoS ONE 12(4):e0174705
- Sudha PN, Rose MH. Beneficial effects of hyaluronic acid. Advances in food and nutrition research. 2014 Jan 1;72:137-76.
- Bistas KG, Tadi P. Biotin.
- Patel DP, Swink SM, Castelo-Soccio L. A review of the use of biotin for hair loss. Skin appendage disorders. 2017;3(3):166-9.
- Galiniak S, Aebisher D, Bartusik-Aebisher D. Health benefits of resveratrol administration. Acta biochimica polonica. 2019 Feb 28;66(1):13-21.
- Vitamin C Health Professional Fact Sheet
- Vitamin D Health Professional Fact Sheet 2018
- Herrera E, Barbas C. Vitamin E: action, metabolism and perspectives. Journal of physiology and biochemistry. 2001 Mar;57(1):43-56.
- Miller AL. Therapeutic considerations of L-glutamine: a review of the literature. Alternative medicine review: a journal of clinical therapeutic. 1999 Aug 1;4(4):239-48.
- Lanhers C, Pereira B, Naughton G, Trousselard M, Lesage FX, Dutheil F. Creatine supplementation and lower limb strength performance: a systematic review and meta-analyses. Sports Medicine. 2015 Sep;45(9):1285-94.
- Artioli GG, Sale C, Jones RL. Carnosine in health and disease. European Journal of Sport Science. 2019 Jan 2;19(1):30-9.
- Holeček M. Beta‐hydroxy‐beta‐methylbutyrate supplementation and skeletal muscle in healthy and muscle‐wasting conditions. Journal of cachexia, sarcopenia and muscle. 2017 Aug;8(4):529-41.
- Hirsch KR, Smith-Ryan AE, Roelofs EJ, Trexler ET, Mock MG. Cordyceps militaris improves tolerance to high-intensity exercise after acute and chronic supplementation. Journal of dietary supplements. 2017 Jan 2;14(1):42-53.
- Probiotics Fact sheet for health professionals
- Konuray G, Erginkaya Z. Potential use of Bacillus coagulans in the food industry. Foods. 2018 Jun;7(6):92.
- Shoaib M, Shehzad A, Omar M, Rakha A, Raza H, Sharif HR, Shakeel A, Ansari A, Niazi S. Inulin: Properties, health benefits, and food applications. Carbohydrate polymers. 2016 Aug 20;147:444-54.
- May JM. Vitamin C transport and its role in the central nervous system. Water-Soluble Vitamins. 2012:85-103.
- Pazdro R, Burgess JR. The role of vitamin E and oxidative stress in diabetes complications. Mechanisms of aging and development. 2010 Apr 1;131(4):276-86.
- Chea EP, Lopez MJ, Milstein H. Vitamin A.
- Percival SS. Use of Echinacea in medicine. Biochemical pharmacology. 2000 Jul 15;60(2):155-8.
- Mu Y, Cong Y. Bacillus coagulans and its applications in medicine. Beneficial microbes. 2019 Jul 10;10(6):679-88.
- Chhatre S, Nesari T, Somani G, Kanchan D, Sathaye S. Phytopharmacological overview of Tribulus terrestris. Pharmacognosy reviews. 2014 Jan;8(15):45.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.