Grown American Superfood Reviews, Ingredients, Does It Work?
Edited and medically reviewed by ✔️ Team of BestInSupplements | Written by Katelyn Johnson (B.S. and M.S. in Nutrition Science)
Grown American’s Superfood supplement has incredible health benefits for your health. But, is it worth the expense? We take a closer look at the ingredients and safety of this product in this review.
Grown American Superfood is America's home-grown superfood supplement. This daily nutritional supplement drink is marketed and highly praised for their use of farm-to-table ingredients.
In the United States, there is a rising tide of illness due to poor diet. Experts indicate that limited access to fresh food, fruits, and vegetables, lack of knowledge regarding wholesome food preparation, expense, and a lack of exercise, have all been shown to lead to insufficient nutrition, weight gain, and other dire health-related issues 1,2.
Recognizing that our country has increased incidence levels of diabetes, obesity, and heart disease, Grown American Superfood recognizes the need for an organic, nutritionally dense Superfood drink.
This review is part of: The Best Superfood Powder You Can Buy
This superfood blend of whole fruits and vegetables is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can enhance cognitive function, boost energy levels, and improve digestion and gut health 3.
Here You Will Discover More About:
Grown American Superfood Benefits
The advantages of Grown American Superfood cannot be overstated. Grown American Superfood aids in healing and overall health through the use of a variety of fresh and organic ingredients in the formulation.
According to the company, the product is manufactured with natural ingredients grown and cultivated on the company's and local farmers' fields in the vicinity. The whole fruits and vegetables are picked fresh and gently dried to preserve their nutrients and freshness.
Because of the unique process employed for the ingredients used, the product is marketed as free of pesticides and GMOs, making it a true organic superfood powder with 30+ Organic Fruits and Vegetables in every scoop. This makes it easier and more nutrient dense than juicing and it’s only 25 calories.
The blend of foods into one offers the consumer a powerful supplement that is high in fiber, phytonutrients, vitamins, polyphenols, antioxidants, and other exceedingly beneficial nutrients.
Overall, the combination of nutrients in this superfood drink help to provide healthy bone density, glowing skin, and an increase in energy levels 4. The omega-3 fatty acids found in this supplement improves your mental health and cognitive function 5.
The protein provides aids in the development of a healthy body structure as well as healthy muscles 6. The formulation's fibers, enzymes, probiotics, and antioxidants aid in the maintenance of healthy organs, immunity, and energy 7.
Grown American Superfood Ingredients
Grown American Superfood powder is a multi-nutritional superfood drink made from 30 non-GMO, nutrient-packed, organically grown whole fruits and vegetables.
5 Organic Leafy Greens
- Spinach is a fantastic source of iron, calcium, and vitamin C.
- Kale has a lot of vitamin K, calcium, and antioxidants.
- Barley Grass is high in amino acids and antioxidants.
- Wheatgrass is high in iron and potassium, and it can help with immunity and digestive health 8.
- Alfalfa grass is high in iron and phosphorus, as well as a rare source of K4 minerals 8.
8 Organic Superfruits
- Strawberries, much more so than oranges, have a high vitamin C concentration.
- Blueberries are high in antioxidants, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin C.
Cranberry aids in the management of high blood pressure as well as the health of the urinary system 9.
- Cherry is beneficial to those with arthritis and helps them sleep better.
- Oranges are high in vitamin C and can assist with immunity.
- Lemon is another high-vitamin C food that aids in maintaining a healthy PH balance in the body 9.
- Apple aids in the reduction of hypertension in humans 9.
- Pear is abundant in f vitamin C, riboflavin, and magnesium 9.
6 Organic Super Vegetables
- Broccoli is a nutrient-dense vegetable with a high concentration of vitamins and minerals.
- Carrots are high in vitamin C and are also good for your eyes.
- Celery is abundant in enzymes and antioxidants.
- Pumpkin is high in potassium, which aids in the maintenance of a low sodium level in the body as well as a healthy heart 10.
- Green bell peppers are high in vitamin C and carotenoids.
12 Organic Sprouts
- Amaranth is a protein-rich grain, believed to aid in the prevention of hair loss and graying 11.
- Millet is a grain high in iron, potassium, zinc, and vitamin B.
- Quinoa is a nutrient-dense grain that contains a lot of iron, protein, vitamin B, and calcium 11.
- Garbanzo beans contain high levels of manganese, molybdenum, and vegan protein.
- Buckwheat is high in antioxidants and can help with diabetic management 11.
- Lentils are commonly thought to be a heart-healthy food.
- Flax contains a high concentration of omega 3 fatty acids, which aid to promote mental function and are good for the eyes and heart 12.
- Adzuki is a relatively unknown sprout that is high in zinc, magnesium, iron, copper, and potassium.
- Sunflower seeds are beneficial to bone health.
- Chia seeds include Omega 3 fatty acids, as well as calcium and iron.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Sesame seeds are abundant in iron and a good source of vegan protein.
Grown American Superfood Safety and Side Effects
Grown American Superfood assures their products are non-GMO, gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy-free. On their website or Amazon page, the company lists no side effects from their product.
Digging in a little further, no commonly reported negative effects in customer feedback were found for this powdered fruit, vegetable, and sprouts supplement.
Unless you have a known allergy to one of the foods listed on the nutrition label, the ingredients in this green powder should not cause any side effects for the vast majority of people.
Who Should Buy Grown American Superfood?
Someone who has never used a powdered superfood product before will benefit the most from regularly taking Grown American Superfood Organic.
Additionally, anyone who feels they are, or might become, deficient in vital nutrients – particularly vitamins and minerals - would benefit from a supplement like Grown American Superfood to improve levels and overall health.
Grown American Superfood Reviews and Final Thoughts
On Amazon, positive reviews greatly outnumber negative reviews. The flavor appears to be exceedingly well received, with most equating it to apple juice. People frequently mention increased energy and weight loss as advantages of taking this green superfood powder on a regular basis.
Customers are wowed by the fact that every fruit and vegetable in it is both certified organic and grown in the United States. With superfood supplement buyers concerned about farming practices in countries other than the United States, this appears to be the main and best reason for them to choose this powdered whole food supplement.
You could also consider this alternative: Amazing Grass Green Superfood Reviews, Ingredients, Does It Work?
The ingredients, particularly the novel and nutritionally dense addition of sprouts, provide a variety of healthy nutrients to support overall health and wellness.
This superfood supplement has received positive feedback on official websites as well as other platforms. About 47 percent of users gave it 4-5 stars, 31 percent gave it 3 stars, and only 22 percent gave it less than 3 stars.
The Better Business Bureau has given the manufacturer a B+ rating.
Where to Buy Grown American Superfood
Currently, Grown American Superfood is not available at Walmart, Costco, or other major retailers.
It is however available on Amazon with free shipping. Currently, 1 package (30 scoops) costs around $60. Although this superfood supplement may seem to be a bit spendy, if you price compare you will find the multipacks offer the best value.
It's also available on the Van Drunen Farms company website. The current retail price is around $100 plus shipping.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Swift, D. L., McGee, J. E., Earnest, C. P., Carlisle, E., Nygard, M., & Johannsen, N. M. (2018). The effects of exercise and physical activity on weight loss and maintenance. Progress in cardiovascular diseases, 61(2), 206-213.
- Dreher, M. L. (2018). Whole fruits and fruit fiber emerging health effects. Nutrients, 10(12), 1833.
- Samtiya, M., Aluko, R. E., Dhewa, T., & Moreno-Rojas, J. M. (2021). Potential Health Benefits of Plant Food-Derived Bioactive Components: An Overview. Foods, 10(4), 839.
- Fraga, C. G., Croft, K. D., Kennedy, D. O., & Tomás-Barberán, F. A. (2019). The effects of polyphenols and other bioactives on human health. Food & function, 10(2), 514-528.
- Berding, K., Vlckova, K., Marx, W., Schellekens, H., Stanton, C., Clarke, G., ... & Cryan, J. F. (2021). Diet and the Microbiota–Gut–Brain Axis: Sowing the Seeds of Good Mental Health. Advances in Nutrition.
- Carbone, J. W., & Pasiakos, S. M. (2019). Dietary protein and muscle mass: translating science to application and health benefit. Nutrients, 11(5), 1136.
- Asif, M., & Mohd, I. (2019). Prospects of medicinal plants derived nutraceuticals: A re-emerging new era of medicine and health aid. Progress in Chemical and Biochemical Research, 2(4), 150-169.
- Bamidele, O. P., Fasogbon, M. B., Adebowale, O. J., & Adeyanju, A. A. (2017). Effect of blanching time on total phenolic, antioxidant activities and mineral content of selected green leafy vegetables. Current Journal of Applied Science and Technology, 24(4), 1-8.
- Chang, S. K., Alasalvar, C., & Shahidi, F. (2019). Superfruits: Phytochemicals, antioxidant efficacies, and health effects–A comprehensive review. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 59(10), 1580-1604.
- De, L. C., & De, T. (2021). Nutrient rich foods in human diet as immunity boosters. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 10(3), 197-206.
- Paul, T., Roy, S., Nandi, K., & Mondal, P. Buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum) as a Functional Food and its Health Benefits.
- Ikram, A., Saeed, F., Afzaal, M., Imran, A., Niaz, B., Tufail, T., ... & Anjum, F. M. (2021). Nutritional and end‐use perspectives of sprouted grains: A comprehensive review. Food Science & Nutrition.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.