The Best Night Time Fat Burner Supplements You Can Buy
Edited and medically reviewed by ✔️ Team of BestInSupplements | Written by Katelyn Johnson (B.S. and M.S. in Nutrition Science)
Looking to find the best nighttime fat burner supplements you can buy? Check out our nutritionist-availed list to find out everything you need to know to pick the best supplement for your needs.
When it relates to weight control and fat burning, sleeping is perhaps the most basic but effective activity you can do to help. Sleep deprivation increases weight gain by altering hormones, slowing metabolism, lowering insulin sensitivity, and increasing inflammation, according to a body of research 1.
Night time fat burning supplements function as more than just sleep aids. The best fat burners for night time work on various levels, such as:
- Maximize deep-cycle sleep.
- Reduce your appetite at night.
- Encourage the production of growth hormones.
- Decrease cortisol levels (cortisol is a hormone that promotes fat storage).
- Boost your metabolism at night.
The compounds used to formulate these supplements are shown to offer weight-loss benefits such as raising HGC (human growth hormone) levels, improving fat metabolism, or inhibiting glucose absorption. That said, one of the best reasons to supplement with a night time fat burner is their ability to improve sleeping habits 2.
Are you also on the Keto diet?: The Best Keto Fat Burner Supplements You Can Buy
Quality sleep is vital in regard to weight reduction and fat metabolism. Insufficient sleep reduces leptin, which is the hormone responsible for inducing satiety and controlling how fat is utilized in the body 3.
The Best Night Time Fat Burner Supplements You Will Find In The Market
People who are fatigued eat more and make worse dietary choices, according to research 4. Lack of sleep impairs the body's capacity to metabolize sugar, resulting in high blood sugar 5. When you're fatigued, your metabolism slows to preserve energy, resulting in weight gain 6.
So, how do night time fat burners stack up and which are the best night time fat burner supplements you can buy?
Lean PM Nighttime Fat Burner
Lean PM Nighttime Fat Burner's EGCG helps improve metabolism and their formula delivers a balanced blend of magnesium, amino acids, B6, and melatonin to promote sleep and relieve anxiety for really stressed-out individuals who require excellent sleep 7.
The large quantities of epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a green tea extract with several established advantages such as lowering cancer risk, increasing immunity, protecting cells from harm, and decreasing stress, make Lean PM fat burner stand out 7.
In terms of weight reduction, EGCG has been shown to aid in fat burning via increasing metabolism. It also aids in the regulation of blood sugar, which can aid in the prevention of weight gain 8.
The best thing about this night fat burner is that it has a well-balanced sleep-promoting formula, including Bioperine, which boosts bioavailability, meaning more nutrients are taken into the body.
Modern Man PM Nighttime Fat Burner
One of the most popular evening fat burner pills is Modern Man PM. The fact that the fat burner incorporates green tea (decaffeinated), and green coffee bean extract is what truly sets it apart. Yes, these substances boost fat burning, but they might also make sleeping more difficult 9.
Caffeine would be a terrible choice for many people if they wanted to boost fat burning at night. If you're taking a midday fat burner, though, it could be just what you need. Caffeine, in modest doses, can help minimize the crash-and-burn sensation that occurs after your midday fat burner wears off.
Modern Man PM also includes substances that inhibit hunger and promote sleep. Each component is used in large quantities. Just be aware that some substances might produce unpleasant side effects such as dizziness or stomach discomfort. To test how you react, you might wish to start with a half-dose of the supplement.
Green coffee beans aid in the acceleration of metabolism 9. The white kidney bean inhibits the absorption of carbohydrates. For those who use stimulant fat burners throughout the day, this formula offers Garcinia cambogia, L-theanine, and hoodia gordonii, which are all ingredients that calm the body and stimulate serotonin production 10.
Sheer SHRED PM Nighttime Fat Burner
Sheer SHRED has the largest concentration of white kidney bean extract and GABA of any nightly fat burner product. This is ideal for individuals who tend to eat carbs within 3 hours before they go to sleep.
Carb-blocking white kidney bean extract is well-known and well-studied for its ability to prevent weight gain during sleep. White kidney bean has been shown in studies to help reduce weight gain by lowering the quantity of carbohydrates absorbed in the digestive system. The fewer carbohydrates you consume when sleeping, the less fat your body stores, and the more likely your body is to burn fat for energy at night 11.
This supplement's sleep-inducing components are also pretty amazing. GABA is one of the body's most important inhibitory neurotransmitters, making it ideal for reducing stress (which can lead to weight gain and hormonal issues) and encouraging relaxation. GABA isn't often included in supplements due to its high cost 12.
BPI Sports Nite-Burn Nighttime Fat Burner
BPI Sports Nite Burn offers a proprietary blend, which also means the exact amount of each component is not provided on the label. However, when compared to other PM fat burners, the daily serving of 640 mg is quite high.
Vitamin D3 is one of the supplement's notable components. Despite the fact that we primarily hear about vitamin D in relation to calcium absorption, it is also a critical hormone. Inadequate vitamin D levels have been related to obesity, notably greater levels of belly fat. Given that roughly 50% of the population may be deficient in vitamin D, this is cause for concern 13.
Looking to recover quickly after a workout?: The Best Electrolyte Supplements You Can Buy
BPI Sports Nite Burn has components that enhance sleep, such as melatonin, L-tryptophan, dandelion, and lemon balm, that benefit carb lovers who wish to target belly fat. Furthermore, raspberry ketones aid fat cell breakdown, white kidney bean extract inhibits glucose absorption, and green coffee bean boosts metabolism. Saffron is a soothing spice that reduces hunger 14.
Although the precise proportions are not found on the supplement label, Nite-Burn is likely to include a lot of white kidney bean extract. We know this since many users report significant fat loss and bloating relief, which is a side effect of white kidney bean consumption because it inhibits carbohydrate absorption and can lead to intestinal fermentation 11.
1UP Nutrition Recharge PM Burner
1UP, like the other PM fat burners on this list, has compounds that promote sleep, such as GABA, l-tryptophan, 5-HTP, and melatonin.
What distinguishes 1UP from others is the addition of other unique components, such as L-carnitine. This compound is a well-known fat burner and muscle builder. L-carnitine also increases attention and clarity. This supplement works best for individuals who consume carbs within 3 hours of sleep because L-carnitine requires carbohydrates in order to be metabolized in the body 15.
Their formula includes glycerophosphocholine, which is beneficial for those who like to eat carbs before bedtime and want to get advantages other than fat burning, such as improved libido and attention. According to studies, glycerophosphocholine increases HGC production while also improving concentration and fertility 16. Additionally, 1UP contains mucuna pruriens, which is a recognized aphrodisiac and fertility booster 17.
Inno Supps Night Shred
The Night Shred formula from Inno Supps is engineered to promote the onset and quality of sleep without overpowering you. The primary distinction between Night Shred and other supplements is that rather than sedating you and leaving you drowsy in the morning, Night Shred naturally prepares your body for deep sleep while boosting metabolism.
Utilizing the calming effects of Chamomile and Valerian Root, each serving of Night Shred’s natural sleep formula induces deep relaxation and peace of mind before each night’s sleep 18. Also included in this formula is 200mg of KSM-66, which is a patented and well-studied form of Ashwagandha. This compound is best known for lowering Cortisol, the stress (and fat-storing) hormone 19.
Night Shred consists of various cutting-edge nutrients that aid fat loss from all angles. It helps you lose weight faster by suppressing your appetite and reducing late-night cravings. Grains of Paradise raises the amount of brown adipose tissue in the body, which promotes metabolism 20.
MAV Nutrition Weight Loss Pills Night Time Fat Burner
MAV Nutrition's is an excellent non-addictive nighttime fat burner because it is stimulant-free to promote peaceful sleep naturally. Some of the major ingredients included in the supplement are L-Theanine, L-Tryptophan, and Melatonin, all of which have been shown to aid in relaxing and a more restful night's sleep 9.
L-theanine, found in green tea, is a non-drowsy sleep aid. L-tryptophan triggers a natural sleep feeling because the body breaks it down to both serotonin and melatonin 9. The manufacturer also included Melatonin, which is a hormone the brain produces that signals it’s time for sleep. It’s also a key element in the synthesis of many other hormones that regulate metabolism and mental state 7.
Sleep is the body’s primary time to repair and rebuild tissues in the muscle and bone, and accelerate cellular generation, while balancing the metabolism 21. This is why MAV Nutrition formulated their nighttime fat-burning supplement to promote thermogenesis and boost metabolism, which pushes the body to burn more calories while you sleep. This also helps with body composition and post-workout recuperation.
Havasu Nutrition Night Time Fat Burner
Havasu Nutrition Night Time Fat Burner is an effective stimulant-free sleep aid and fat burner. Havasu Nutrition formulated their supplement with pure and natural ingredients, including l-theanine, l-tryptophan, valerian root, passionflower extract, and melatonin, to support a healthy lifestyle 7,9,18.
Thanks to the extremely potent and purely sourced compounds that make up this supplement, this nighttime fat burner is extremely efficient in promoting crash-free relaxation and helps you burn fat while you sleep.
Through the use of fat-burning ingredients that target stubborn stomach fat, this supplement supports overnight fat-burning and lean muscle development so consumers will lose excess fat quickly and safely without compromising energy levels.
Melatonin, valerian root, and passionflower extract all help with sleep cycle control 18. Green coffee bean extract boosts metabolism and prevents glucose absorption in the body, which helps to decrease stomach fat. It will also aid in appetite control and overeating, permitting you to begin burning calories while sleeping 9.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Cooper, C. B., Neufeld, E. V., Dolezal, B. A., & Martin, J. L. (2018). Sleep deprivation and obesity in adults: a brief narrative review. BMJ open sport & exercise medicine, 4(1), e000392.
- Ravussin, E., Beyl, R. A., Poggiogalle, E., Hsia, D. S., & Peterson, C. M. (2019). Early time‐restricted feeding reduces appetite and increases fat oxidation but does not affect energy expenditure in humans. Obesity, 27(8), 1244-1254.
- Chaput, J. P., Després, J. P., Bouchard, C., & Tremblay, A. (2007). Short sleep duration is associated with reduced leptin levels and increased adiposity: results from the Quebec family study. Obesity, 15(1), 253-261.
- Chaput, J. P., & Tremblay, A. (2012). Insufficient sleep as a contributor to weight gain: an update. Current obesity reports, 1(4), 245-256.
- Broussard, J. L., Ehrmann, D. A., Van Cauter, E., Tasali, E., & Brady, M. J. (2012). Impaired insulin signaling in human adipocytes after experimental sleep restriction: a randomized, crossover study. Annals of internal medicine, 157(8), 549-557.
- Macomber, A. (2018). How Important is Sleep to Your Patient's Health and Well Being?. Journal of Continuing Education Topics & Issues, 20(2), 40-42.
- Dekant, W., Fujii, K., Shibata, E., Morita, O., & Shimotoyodome, A. (2017). Safety assessment of green tea based beverages and dried green tea extracts as nutritional supplements. Toxicology letters, 277, 104-108.
- Adachi, N., Tomonaga, S., Tachibana, T., Denbow, D. M., & Furuse, M. (2006). (-)-Epigallocatechin gallate attenuates acute stress responses through GABAergic system in the brain. European journal of pharmacology, 531(1-3), 171–175. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejphar.2005.12.024
- Saeed, M., Naveed, M., Arif, M., Kakar, M. U., Manzoor, R., Abd El-Hack, M. E., ... & Sun, C. (2017). Green tea (Camellia sinensis) and l-theanine: Medicinal values and beneficial applications in humans—A comprehensive review. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, 95, 1260-1275.
- Deb, S., Dutta, A., Phukan, B. C., Manivasagam, T., Thenmozhi, A. J., Bhattacharya, P., ... & Borah, A. (2019). Neuroprotective attributes of L-theanine, a bioactive amino acid of tea, and its potential role in Parkinson's disease therapeutics. Neurochemistry international, 129, 104478.
- Liu, Y., Zhang, J., Guo, H., Zhao, A., Shao, D., Dong, Z., ... & Wang, P. (2020). Effects of mulberry leaf and white kidney bean extract mix on postprandial glycaemic control in pre-diabetic subjects aged 45–65 years: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Functional Foods, 73, 104117.
- Kim, S., Jo, K., Hong, K. B., Han, S. H., & Suh, H. J. (2019). GABA and l-theanine mixture decreases sleep latency and improves NREM sleep. Pharmaceutical biology, 57(1), 64-72.
- Perticone, M., Maio, R., Sciacqua, A., Suraci, E., Pinto, A., Pujia, R., ... & Perticone, F. (2019). Ketogenic diet-induced weight loss is associated with an increase in vitamin D levels in obese adults. Molecules, 24(13), 2499.
- Johnston, L. (2019). Effects of raspberry ketone and green coffee bean extract on body mass and substrate utilisation (Doctoral dissertation, University of Glasgow).
- Shalaby, M. N., Sakoury, M. M. A., Hussien, S., Elgaml, S. E. E., Mostafa, S. A., & Sheha, M. M. A. (2021). The Effect of Aerobic Exercise with Taking Carnitine on Improving Blood Fats for Athletes. Systematic Reviews in Pharmacy, 12(3), 361-368.
- Isaacs, J. P. (2019). Effects of Alpha-GPC and Huperzine-A on Short Term Memory, Anaerobic Power Output, Post Exhaustion Compared to Caffeine and Placebo in Healthy College Age Students (Doctoral dissertation, Eastern Kentucky University).
- Lampariello, L. R., Cortelazzo, A., Guerranti, R., Sticozzi, C., & Valacchi, G. (2012). The Magic Velvet Bean of Mucuna pruriens. Journal of traditional and complementary medicine, 2(4), 331–339. https://doi.org/10.1016/s2225-4110(16)30119-5
- Guadagna, S., Barattini, D. F., Rosu, S., & Ferini-Strambi, L. (2020). Plant extracts for sleep disturbances: A systematic review. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2020.
- Mohanty, A., Sahoo, J. P., Acharya, A. U., & Samal, K. C. (2021). Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)-The Nature's Gift to Mankind. Biotica Research Today, 3(2), 122-124.
- Yoneshiro, T., Matsushita, M., Sugita, J., Aita, S., Kameya, T., Sugie, H., & Saito, M. (2021). Prolonged Treatment with Grains of Paradise (Aframomum melegueta) Extract Recruits Adaptive Thermogenesis and Reduces Body Fat in Humans with Low Brown Fat Activity. Journal of nutritional science and vitaminology, 67(2), 99-104.
- Cabeca, A., & OBGYN, F. (2019). The Hormone Fix: Burn Fat Naturally, Boost Energy, Sleep Better, and Stop Hot Flashes, the Keto-green Way. Ballantine Books.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.